RCU Forums - View Single Post - O.S. Engines now made in China
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 04:27 PM
wallace.tharp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: O.S. Engines now made in China

ORIGINAL: earlwb

MECOA also owns the HP and HB line of engines along with RJL (Kraft) and K&B, plus some antique engines too. So technically if he has them you can get a HP or HB engine that is now made in the USA too. Fox Manufacturing of course still makes engines in the USA. For the little .049 Cox engines, they are mostly USA made abeit they are assembled in Cananda, but the Cox Engines company has started making some parts neded to ake complete engines with ett Enginerring makes the awesome Jett engines too.

It is interesting how there used to be over two humdred different companies or brands of model engines made in the USA over the years, and now we are down to MECOA, Jett and Fox. For gas engines there is DA, SYSSA, and Fox too.

Did I already say that at an R/C field, near Deer Valley in Phoenix, Az., there was a sign on the out house that said, "Deposit Fox Engines Here?" That was about my luck with them too. Same with ASP, even though I did get one to run pretty good when I learned they were an FAI type that required zero nitro. Shimmed the head on a 90(shim was in the box), and it ran pretty well with 10% nitro. O. S. was always my favorite 2 stroke. wallace.tharp