RCU Forums - View Single Post - traxxas LaTrax Rally...Why?
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 05:40 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default traxxas LaTrax Rally...Why?

traxxas has done it again, relaeasing a "new" model with mostly old parts and a few new bits that don't make much sence. (Note the sarcasm?)

Ok, so it is a 1/18 4wd rally car. For some reason, it doesn't use the brushed system from the other rally car, but has a new "LaTrax" waterproof brushed esc. Best part, it comes with a 5 cell NIMh with molex plugs!
It is lipo compatible...and has a "2 stage cutoff....whatever that means.

And this "rally" car has semi-slick tires that will "give a perfect balance of grip and drift"...which means it is not a rally car, as it cant go offroad at all.

Lower power electronics, in a model that will only be driveable on smooth surfaces and wont be that fast. Good thing retail is only $150...

Not even the video for it looks cool...and traxxas usually does a good job of making the models look awesome in their videos.

Maybe traxxas figured they needed a low-budget model to suck in more newbs. But one would be much better off to spend the extra $50 to buy the 1/16 rally over the new 1/18 LaTrax.

This thing has some toy-grade looking parts! And why would this kind of model need to be waterproof? This is for your driveway, or paved surfaces. I cant see it going offroad or threw puddles.

Is traxxas making this...or are they just distributing it? I like how traxxas's own pics of the battery do not match, wrong type of plugs are shown.

info: http://latrax.com/rally18-specs.htm
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56686.jpg
Views:	2273
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	1896889   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk29795.jpg
Views:	1102
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	1896890   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot48328.jpg
Views:	582