RCU Forums - View Single Post - O.S. GF40 4st gas
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 02:36 PM
TonyBuilder
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: O.S. GF40 4st gas

Day five on the OS49, I'm done! This engine has been nothing but a big pain and disappointment. There is no way I'm putting two of these in my B-25.
It was running good yesterday, then today I could not get it started. Had to put another new plug in it. Then it started. Was running ok but still needed some low end adjustment, hardly turned the needle, ran it some more, stopped it to do more adjustments, then started it again. It ran then back fired spun the prop and I could not get it started again, I'm done with this engine. I have hade 6 DLE's and they all are " mount, flip, and fly" with miner adjustments to the hi end as she broke in. So I would not recommend this engine to anyone that does not have a lot of time and patients to mess with it. I'm no gas Expert so maybe I'm not qualified to run this type of engine.
I will let this engine sit for a bit, going to send the unused one back and get two DLE35R for my B-25. I may try again on the OS40 in my cub, or sell it. Anyone want a great deal on one of these, only got about 18oz threw it! PM me.
TB