RCU Forums - View Single Post - DLE60 Twin
Thread: DLE60 Twin
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 12:55 PM
Mr_Grump

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DLE60 Twin

No. Not really. I'll also admit up front that I've not closely read all the posts. I'm just basing it on personal experience so don't by all my suggested parts if you're concerned about wasting the money.

I've had similar problems in the past and I fly gas exclusively. I don't claim to be a 2-stroke genius either. I do know I've wasted a lot of good flying time trying to figure out why an engine doesn't run well or at all. I've replaced the fuel system just as you have, plugs, ignition module, even as a last resort, the timing FET and ignition battery knowing they likely were good. I bought a carb kit, rebuilt the carb. Finally I assumed I hosed up the kit or something was still inside the carb. Ordered a carb, gaskets, reed block and solved the problem.

If you think about all the time, aggravation and missed flying time, buying a carb up front would have been a better choice for me personally. From then on I make the usual checks when I have engine problems that COULD be the carb. If after a day or two I've not solved the problem, I order a carb. So far thats worked for me.

This approach doesn't apply to everyone so don't bother to tell me how I've wasted money. I already know it.