RCU Forums - View Single Post - TF 1/5 Scale P-51 ARF Assembly (1ST MISHAP!!!)
Old 09-24-2003, 10:40 AM
splais
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TF 1/5 Scale P-51 ARF Assembly (1ST MISHAP!!!)

[NOTE: I have posted a complete review in the "User Product Reviews" forum under my moms sign-in, bhunn3.]

There are a couple of TF 1/5 Scale P-51Arf threads running in different places. But I would like to see an assembly and setup thread dedicated to this plane so here goes. If you are working on yours please post away.

My construction will take some time because the retracts are on back order and I will not have the engine for about two weeks. However I can provide the following starting point.

My plane will be equipped with the Desert Aircraft 50R engine equipped with a Slimline wrap-around inverted muffler. All flight surface servos will be digital Hitec 5625’s because I had them. Will be using Hitec 225MG for the throttle and retracts. I’m using the recommended Robart 622-5 main retracts and the Robart 160 retractable tailwheel. I will probably end up spending another $150 to get their alumin hubbed scale P-51 wheels also.

Aileron and flap control rods are H9 titanium Pro-links with MK 2.5mm (red) BB adjusters (looks really sharp). I used the supplied control horns for the ailerons and flaps, but replaced the screws with neat button-head #4x1/2 screws.

Right now, while I wait for the Robart stuff and engine to arrive I am working on how I want to paint the guns, exhaust stacks and cockpit; and which scale WWII pilot to use. Also a couple dozen other little pre-assembly steps that soak up time. The attached picture is of my control rod setup.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29950.jpg
Views:	1305
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	63430