RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2 Awesome Planes
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 11:32 PM
freeonthree
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2 Awesome Planes

I use to fly balsa/monocoat/ Saito 4 strokes and 1/4 scale gas bipes, but got tired of all the maintainance, and left the hobby for a few years.
I came back all electric, and have been having a blast. My last two plane purchases were the Durafly Monocoupe 110 (Little Butch), and the Parkzone Icon A5.
The Monocoupe is amazing with it's scale detail, and flys like it's on rails. It lands sweet, and flys great slow or fast. I have maybe 30 or 40 flights on it so far, and highly recomend it. It's a real beauty and a great flyer.
My most recent purchase was a Parkzone Icon A5. The Icon A5 is a real plane, and the Parkzone model is an amazingly accurate scale model of it. It doesn't have folding wings and retracts like the real A5, but hey, the full scale A5 starts at around $139000.00.
Like the Monocoupe, it also uses 3S, 2200mah Lipo's. Just like the Monocoupe, the maiden went without a hitch. It flys great, and lands beautifully. On the ground, it handles way better than any plane i've ever flown, and you can race it around like an rc car almost.
The Icon A5 is sort of a cross between a jet ski, a sports car, and a plane, and it's a real joy to fly and land. I havn't tried mine out on water yet, but im really looking forward to it. I bought the Parkzone Icon A5 PNP from Hobbyzone for under $120.00 shipped, and the Durafly Monocoupe PNP from Hobby King for under $140.00 shipped. Both planes are awesome scale models, fly fantastic, and almost land them selves. These are 2 "must have" planes in my opinion. Dennis

Last edited by freeonthree; 08-20-2013 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Add Info