View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 01:30 PM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fly24-7
LSP972 - Pulse Bro No. 10

So what you got in that thing?
E-Flite Power 32/60A ESC/APC 13X6.5E, on E-Flite 4S 3200mAh 20C sticks. Horizon has some nice package deals, and they make it easy to get started with one-stop shopping. So far, everything is working like a champ.

This little airplane continues to delight. I flew it yesterday in some felony wind (15-20mph, gusting to 25-30mph), and it was basically a non-event. It got tossed around at half-throttle, but at 75% throttle and above it punched right through like a larger, heavier glow-powered ship.

Vertical is "unlimited" through the first half of the battery; I was amazed at the power (it lifts off in, like, five feet). After watching how much juice was being used, I have settled on eight minute flights, with 30-35% battery remaining. Lots of looping, rolling, snapping, and in general just boring holes in the sky. IOW, I'm back to pure enjoyment, as opposed to sticking to a manuever schedule for points, etc. Been there, done that... no more.

The utter no-hassle of electrics (once you learn how to deal with lipos) is a wonderful thing, too. I just started an AeroWorks 52" Extra that I had planned to use this power package in. But this airplane is so much fun, I bought a new motor/ESC for the Extra and will keep the Pulse "operational".