RCU Forums - View Single Post - Radio
Thread: Radio
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 09:43 AM
BlueBus320
My Feedback: (57)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2flyrc
What makes it "state of the art"? They use the same RF technology in their $400 radio as they use in their $3k one?

State of the art are offerings from some of the Euro companies ie. Jeti, Weatronic using patch antennae, redundant transmission and reception, rf data logging. Even the Spek DX18 uses dual diversity antennae. Futaba rates way down on the "state of the art" list. #1 on the price list though.

Mike
I'm not well versed on RF technology, I just plug it all up & fly my jets without ever having a problem (JR & Futaba) as of yet. I recently switched back to Futaba after a decade stint of JR, because in my opinion side by side comparisons "Nothing even comes close" to the 18mz. From the hi res screen, digital camera, telemetry, versatility of programming, being able to move any switch anywhere, programmable verbal announcements of switch activations, to the command of toga thrust. It goes on & on! I'm not bashing any brand, but to say the 18mz is not a "state of the art radio" is ludicrous.