RCU Forums - View Single Post - Galeb G2 - new jet made in Serbia
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 01:22 AM
mirce

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts

Thanks guys, hope you will not be disappointed...

Because construction was finish, next step was covering wing with 3 mm balsa plates. From my friend, owner of the hobby shop here in Serbia, I ordered balsa sheets, and asked him to measure every plate and send me lightest. When I got them I saw that every 3 mm plate is about 30 gr, very good weight for that thickness...

First I cover upper side, starting from the middle...

For guide I used middle of the front spar.

Balsa sheet is shorter than wing half, so I must extend them at the wing tip. I glued small balsa plates to made support for next balsa sheet...

Than come balsa plates in front and rear of the first one. Those which come in front I wet with hot water, to soft them and easier apply on rib shape...

Few small balsa plates on the rear end and wing was almost cover on the upper side...

On bottom side in flap area I made two pieces of balsa. They are easy to for set, because they lie on the exactly place on the ribs...

I glued plates for wing screws...

...and apply first balsa sheets on bottom side of the wing...

On landing gear plate, around of the place where gears come, I must made support for next balsa sheet. I glued balsa blocks and sand them to shape of the bottom wing shape...

Left and right of the outer servo plate I add small balsa plates also...