RCU Forums - View Single Post - You know it's windy when....
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 05:42 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by bikerbc
I used to be afraid of the wind , now I love it .. I don't fly all my planes in the wind and I don't do maidens in the wind but I have favorite wind planes like my LT40 that I can take up and play in the wind.. I like to see if I can sit still or go backwards and pratice my cross wind landings .. Wind can be a challenge and a lot of fun.. It and also be expensive so I avoid taking up expensive planes .. Some planes that are heavy fly pretty good in the wind but they dont need to be heavy to take up and have fun with..
Ditto. I prefer wind out of the East, West or North though so I dont have to deal with that nasty turbulence. I flew my little Inversa yesterday in the wind, nearly lost it though because it got downwind and I lost orientation but was able to finally steer it back and knew it was in the right direction by how slow it was flying. Pretty cool having it hover while moving. It was rock steady at altitude, nose straight up, wind pushing it to my right. Considering how light this 26" plane is, it did OK in 18 MPH winds.