RCU Forums - View Single Post - So excited!
Thread: So excited!
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 09:39 PM
driften240sx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I got some of the parts that I ordered and thought I'd show it off here are some pics of the progress.

So due to my noobiness I managed to week my car and decided a perfect chance to reverse engenier the car and learn the mechanical aspects of it and the first thing that had to go was the front diff.

Before:

After:

Next was the servo. I did some digging on google and was seeing what was a good switch from the regular puny one, and I finally came to the choice of a savöx 1258tg

And to accompany the new metal gear I went with racers edge aluminum servo horn
(I know it's not supposed to be double sided, but I learned that a little to late . exchanging soon)

And with most of the car disassembled I figure I'd go crazy with zip ties.
That's pretty much it, I'm only waiting for one more package with the rest of the parts. Here's a pic of them.

Thats it for now until I break something else . but I do have a question in regards of the shocks that I've been thinking about.
I'm pretty much on a budget (I think I speak for most) and well I've been wanting to raise the car up a bit, and the stock shock aren't height adjustable, or at least Idk how to. Anyway I thought of pulling out the shock down with the spring and fill the gap with a zip tie. Now my question is is this something that sounds like a good idea or am I just peeing in the wind and wasting zip ties? Here's a pic
Note: I also figure since the shock has less travel it would stiffen up everything. Anyways leave your thoughts please.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	1916499   Click image for larger version

Views:	265
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	1916500   Click image for larger version

Views:	344
Size:	1.79 MB