RCU Forums - View Single Post - Shipping Charges???!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2003, 03:56 PM
JohnW
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Shipping Charges???!!!

I deal with DOA equipment often at work (computer LAN/WAN networking.) Often, the DOA items are physically small, but very expensive. Even if we do $1M in business a year with a vendor, the best terms anyone will offer is cross-ship, but we still have to pay shipping to return the item. This is a standard policy that everyone follows and should only be a surprise to those that have never had the need to ship DOA equipment before.

I can only think of one exception. About five years ago, IBM actually shipped free of charge a empty box to us so we could package up and return an item. They even included a call tag so we didn't have to pay any shipping. However, anyone that knows IBM realizes that thier prices (i.e. margins) are VERY high. They make so much off of the initial sale price that I suppose they can afford to ship empty boxes.

It sucks that you had a problem with your new radio. I know I personally go mostly insane when I ship my radio to Futaba for just normal checkups... I can't stand to be without my radio, even in January... what if we get one of those rare warm winter days and I don't have my radio??? Anyway, I understand your complaint, but what you experienced is how 99.99% of business handle returns. You are still money ahead considering you probably got a good sale price and you didn't have to pay sales tax.

Cheers