RCU Forums - View Single Post - Do I need rubber grommets?
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 02:01 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by CafeenMan
I hate to ask, but why are you wearing a hospital gown to build model airplanes?
I met a guy while flying C/L back in the 1980s who invited me to come to his house and look at kits, built planes and engines he had for sale. This guy was obviously hobbled with an injury and had problems with his hands too. He looked to me like his "flying days" were behind him.

I showed up at his house with some cash in my wallet just in case he had something good. His house was littered from the front door to the back and from the floor on up with broken planes, unflown planes, engines, boxes full of spare engine parts, closets full of unbuilt kits, planes on tables yet to be finished...it was 100% control line stuff.
I kind of "searched" in my head for a polite way to ask him HOW he amassed all this stuff, but don't remember exactly how I phrased the question. He alluded to being in some sort of accident that had a big "pay day" and that part of the deal included an allowance for building C/L planes as part of his rehab..!!!!!

Last edited by combatpigg; 09-20-2013 at 02:05 PM.