RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 P47-D-1
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 07:14 PM
Joespeeder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Bob,

I did the same thing a couple of years ago with an ME-163.... Freaky feeling when you realize you forgot the bolts. I know of some older Pulsar gliders where the horizontal stabs are just friction fit and that always shocks me as I watch a good friend just pull his stabs off... Glad it worked out.

I have a not so shiny but new H9 Razorback 99% done and ready to maiden. I did some weathering, cowl painting, and other details to make it easy for me to tell mine form others that will be flying at our field soon. I'll post photos when I get it outside to take beauty shots...

I dull coated it in stages to give it a subtle worn look. The first coat I put a few drops of white into my dull coat and then just sprayed the most heavily weathered areas. Then I proceeded to use regular dull coat to spray over the entire thing.... It's very subtle, but it doesn't look uniform like a restored aircraft.... I also have some final airbrushing to do if all goes well like adding some exhaust stains, on my gear doors, and add weathering to my dummy ordnance. All in good time.

I just need to re-confirm my balance, re-check my control throws, and re-glue a couple gun barrels with carbon inserts that I snapped off working on the plane.

I have s Saito FG-21 in the nose and I need to add a heli header tank as a catch tank for the vent line to keep the plane clean. I can fly it without the header tank but I need to get it done.

Photos soon...

Joe