RCU Forums - View Single Post - Water and Electronics
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 11:21 AM
TEBerg
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bikerbc
We are unable to purchase Corrosion X here in Canada . Could you tell me how to use it . I have two spray cans of the stuff I brought on a resent trip .
You can see some better description with a search on hear for Corrosion X - What I do with the spray-can stuff is to spray it in a jar with a lid and let the aerosol (which has some volatiles or maybe solvents) off gas, stirring occasionally. After a couple hours, I can dip the component I want to protect into the jar and leave it for 1/2 to 1-hour.

I still take the plastic case off the receiver so the corrosion X can soak into all the components. You want it to work it's way into any open metal/contact areas where water could short out. Then I dab off the component and put the case back on and install.

I don't use a plastic bag or balloon any more on my RX. However I do spray corrosion X into the switch to get those contacts protected.

I have not done an ESC, but have heard that some guys have got them wet after using Corrosion X and "paddled" their plane back to shore in the water and it all worked fine - I would not test that with my good equipment [smile]

There are other ways to get good results - plenty more good reading on this site.

Good Luck.