RCU Forums - View Single Post - In-Line Twin projects
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 10:14 AM
Jeremy_H

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yellowufo
As far as spray rails go id try them. And i wonder would some hull stepping be of any use?????
The final hull has both, I've a mind to maybe do some stick on rails for this one as it's quick and I can put them on at the pond. Maybe.

The final hull has a step, it's shown on the drawing at the top of this thread, I'll definitely not be doing that to the test one though. I think already there's a serious conflict between such hulls and air rudders which may be too much of a compromise.

I thank you jeremy for the time you have shared along with spreading your smarts about.
I could find an established design optimal airboat, go and get the parts, put it together to specification and make it work to specification. I sometimes do that with models, indeed I plan to with one of Chris Selph's designs, but scratch building is my bag. If you add scratch building of an unorthodox field then I'm in my element. I came here to look for advice and experience of in-line twins to help me, but found nothing except some sound folk into their hobby, and I'm happy talk about my way for those who'd like to listen. As you're one of them thank you for your positive interest

Do to my growing inability to walk more then 30 yards without extream hip and leg pain( went to a uc football game and damn i about did not make.the walk to my seat) i have yet to get my rig on the water so my mind is in build mode for another foamy...
I'm genuinely sorry to hear that, I don't know of your circumstances but I hope they improve for you.

Last edited by Jeremy_H; 09-28-2013 at 10:18 AM. Reason: typos