RCU Forums - View Single Post - Time for some Extreme Speed Electrics
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 04:17 PM
iron eagel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Forced_Induction
Hello all,
I maidened it today and everything went well except i couldnt run full power. every time it wound out, it would start pulsing. I suspect that it was the timing setting but i didnt have the programmer to try changing it at the field. I played with it a bit when i got home and it seems like its liking higher timing than the 12 deg i was running before.

I like this setup alot. my old setup with a 8x10 prop was a bit of a head turner at 210kph (doppler), and this setup should go even faster. Im planning a new plane MAYBE this winter that will use a bigger motor. id like to use a 40 sized delta airframe (diamond dust, screamin demon, or another, im open to delta suggestions) and run a scorpion heli motor on 12s. the pitch speed looks pretty freakin insane =).

please feel free to leave any suggestions or stories of electrics, or anything else really. I havent seen setups like this discussed very much so id like to start it up.
It may be the timing or the response time of the ESC when used with a very high rpm motor, I have had similar issues using bargain ESC with 6 pole motors at high rpms that went away with a high quality ESC.