RCU Forums - View Single Post - volcano epx pro
Thread: volcano epx pro
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 02:48 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BobbyHill519
I just snapped the rear left stub axle and the closest redcat dealer is almost 3 hours away and I hate ordering small numbers. Is there a replacement part I can buy from another aftermarket company or traxxas or something?
not likely. the chances of finding another brand's stub axle that is meant to be used in a hub that has 2 different sized bearings and this is the right length from cup to drive pin hole are slim. Ive never heard of a part that would work.
there was a rcu member who modded the diff case and gears and hub to work with traxxas driveshafts. It wasn't a crazy mod, but would cost at least $20-$30 just in parts.
It is true that having to have parts shipped sucks. but don't think the issue is just with redcat stuff. my hobby shop has been out of hpi, losi and other major brand parts before and I had to wait for them to order more.
And parts like a stub axle or hub are pretty cheap...so I always buy 2-4 at a time. Rear hub, steering hub, C hub, driveshaft are all good parts to keep on hand. So you would be best off to make a $30 order on redcat (or threw an ebay dealer) since combining the shipping cost will keep the cost of the parts lower and leave you will spare parts on hand for later on. That's what I have done in the past for my epx pro models. And 1 time I bought a roller chassis for $50 off ebay. LOTS of spare parts that way.