RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Pilot Fined &10,000 !!
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 04:26 PM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Throw the FPV pilots to the wolves... they are the source of all evil and will bring down the empire.

Come on, there are sane responsible adults capable of operating an RC airplane using cameras and telemetry. I have seen enough RC crashes to know that you should not be flying around or over people. A congested urban environment is not the place to fly an FPV aircraft. The FPV aircraft's systems are not redundant and not built and maintained to the level of a licensed aircraft. There are places where this can be accomplished without harming anyone or anything, go there. To prevent everyone from flying FPV is as wrong headed as Trappy's arrogance of our laws. If there is not a law that fits, they repurpose other laws to cover the incident.

The single biggest problem is "see and avoid". No pilot wants to hit an FPV and crash their aircraft as a result. There have to be some rules and licenses established. Right now, it is the wild west, but shortly the FAA issue regulations. If anyone is happy, the FAA will have failed. I just cannot comprehend why someone would fly off their 30 story balcony over people and traffic. Think people, just because you can, does not mean you should.