RCU Forums - View Single Post - BALSA USA 1/3 SOPWITH PUP?????
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 07:46 AM
crashwilson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sopwith Pup

Originally Posted by rotorboy2.4gh
Hey Crash,i think your right with the nubers,as i have read similar elswhere.I will call dave tomorrow as well to comfirm and get right back with you tomorrow.To ME,it just looks like the leading edge is lower on the plans. But im getting like Magoo--LOL!--And yes--lets keep in touch. 314-6295853--Frank.-----I think Craig (Canuck1) got burnt out a little,as he doesnt respond. He was my inspiration on this,as well as so many others. He is a buildin fool. I know he is in the Military,maybe doing some duty. If so,I pray for his safe return.
Rotorboy,I'am glad you got back so quick. LIke I said I did not want to pass on any wrong information that is so important as that and be wrong. Thats why I called the experts.And this Dave was a real nice guy to talk to.I did get get alot of good advice from the guys that have already built Sopwiths on this site and I thank them all for their help.I'am at the stage of getting this wing stuff correct,and then I will move on to the flying wires.If I recover from this surjury fast enough I hope to start covering and have her ready to fly this spring.I looked at the prints last night and if you measure the outter stuts,they measure about 18 inchs(on the print),so mine are right on the money.Then I measured from the outter edge of the center section of the upper wing,to the center of the lower wing and I got something like 16 inchs.Can't be true or my outter stuts are to long).If you look at the print that shows a front view of the fuslodge with wings attached and measure you'll see what I mean.(may have to call dave again.Becase the print also shows that the front struts are roughly 18 inchs.Anyway if I can figure out how to put photo's on this thing I'll send some.(not to computer savy as you might say.Us old guys have to get help from our grandkids!!!!! Crash