RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hobby King turbine!
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 04:16 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by roger.alli
Yes, there is much more to this story. I am not prepared to go into detail on RCU, and to be honest I am not completely aware of the curent situation with Bruce.. Suffice to say, the problems Bruce faces have absolutly nothing to do with his commmercial activities.

The site that Bruce used to fly at, Tokoroa Airfield, is a full size, active airfield, which is owned by the local council. My understanding is that all of Bruce's problems have come about because he has not operated within the rules set by the three official bodies that oversee model operations on that site I.e the Civil Aviation Authority, the Tokoroa City Council, and Model Flying NZ. Tokroa is a great site, but it does have some special rules and restrictions.

I belong to the NZ jet club that operates at that site. We have a very good relationship with these bodies and have regular access to this superbe facility. We are not the only model club that uses it..

We (our club) have tried to keep a good relationship with Bruce, and have invited him to be part of our activities.

Roger
Ahh I thought it might be something like that.