RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA Supports FPV and Multi-Rotor
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 08:21 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

I voted yes , and here's why ;

The AMA already has in place , as Major Tom has said , guidelines for the safe use of not only FPV but of multirotor craft as well . To examine the suggested use for AMA condoned FPV you must have a spotter who has line of sight view of the craft at all times during the flight , with the presumption that the craft won't be flown further than the spotter can see it . This , by the LOS requirement for the spotter, is going to ensure that the craft remains pretty darned close to the flying field where it's being operated from . Now I darned right well know that these folks flying them over people's houses are not following ANY of the AMA guidelines and are not covered within the AMA's sanctioned description of such models . If your question was "unrestricted FPV" , as in the dolts who don't follow the AMA's guidelines and DO fly them miles away from their non existent LOS spotter's view , well then yea , that kind of behavior should be , and is I would hope , frowned upon by the AMA just as flying outside of any of the other guidelines would be as well ....

Last edited by init4fun; 11-07-2013 at 08:24 AM.