RCU Forums - View Single Post - HobbyKing shipping issues..
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 10:43 AM
topspin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtybird
I really don't care if HobbyKings batteries dont come up to their claims for c rating. I will never use them at rating. Why should I spend three times the price for an item I dont need?
As an engineer I could never understand why people overdo things like they do.Like buying a Hummer to drive to the grocery store .Its just an ego thing.
I drive a Ford Fiesta. It does everything I want to do and it gives me nearly 40 miles to the gallon.
I will continue to buy Hobbyking batteries. They work for me.
BTW I own an FR-SKY Taranis transmitter. It does everything the new Jeti transmitter does and costs 1/10 of the Jeti
I'm happy for you that you can use cheap batteries. I have several applications that require batteries with a very high power to weight ratio and Hyperion and Thunder Power are the only ones that fill that requirement without self destructing.

Tried a few of the HK Turnegy Nano-Tech batteries and they swelled up like balloons. Have you seen the Feista ST? Pretty slick little ride. We have a Focus Titanium in the stable for grocery getting and around town stuff, gets 30 MPG average so not bad. Also have a BMW 335i convertable (Wifes) an F-150 Platinum (mine) and as of next week a 2014 Z51 3LT Vette, (also mine). Yeah, it's an ego thing, beats the Fiesta though.[h=3][/h]