RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Plow Truck Motor Decision/Choices
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 06:15 PM
DieHarder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well,...

A. I don't/can't wait for parts to come on a slow boat from China, because the snow is coming.

B. Dad doesn't like to.

C. It's way more convenient to just order online and have it show up 3 days later, ready to use. We've never ordered from China, and probably won't for a long time. It's just a standard to exclude anything from foreign countries. Also, it's dad's account, not mine, and I can't convince him either way.

It seems your right. I researched the wrong product. I did remember that my wheels are NOT glued, and will slip under some serious load. So if need be, I suspect the wheel will spin inside the tire, before a gear strips. And last, my hobby shops around here don't carry Tamiya stuff, and can't order it. (At least they say) I called and asked.

It's too late to turn this project around, so I'm going to have to make this work. I think with a 4:1 GRU, and a 3100kv motor, I should go around 9mph. I'm going to order the GRU and motor tonight. This will be the fourth motor, and hopefully, it's just what the doctor ordered. I'm going to try and take advantage of Amain hobbies' cyber Monday sale where everything is 10% off. I wish they carried the RC4WD GRU...

Could you give me a link to the correct spur that you were talking about, along with your opinion on the setup? Your opinion, review, and approval are very important to me. Thanks.