RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Guys 33% Pitts S1 ARF
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 09:37 AM
RonMcCormick
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasSkyPilot
Ron,
Great to hear that yours has arrived! I've got my engine mounted now, which required about 5/8" of oak wood to make the Valley View 40CC engine, the spinner, and the cowl all fit where they should. I hope to get the linkages lined up and the lines run this weekend, and the module placement determined as well.

I was thinking of finding a spot for the A123 battery packs, but I think it's a little early for that. I might need to move them back for weight distribution/setting the C.G. - though I doubt they'll be anywhere but in the nose.

I like how the engine mount box is open on top. It should make setting up the inside of the nose a lot easier. I was thinking I might mount something to the cover, and I could close it up with screws at the end.

With Christmas looming, and everybody wanting a piece of me, my time is sometimes limited, so I work as I can.

~ Jim ~
Glad to hear you made some progress, It's neat following behind you I get to see how issues are resolved prior to doing it myself. I was just playing with the cowl and wondering how long the engine is and how long the stand offs would need to be. I'v just about decided to use the VVRC 40cc twin, this motor sounds like it was designed for this plane. I want to do something about the exhaust the stock mufflers give a bark that would not sound right to me. I have the DLE 20cc with the same muffler it's like a straight pipe.
I noticed a few changes from the original kit, the engine box firewall assembly was modernized and now looks very strong, no mods required can be used as is. I like the open top also. I usually make a lid held on by 4 servo screws for the opening. Final placement of the batteries is the last thing I do. If this engine causes nose heaviness (44oz WOW very light!) I will put Rudder in the rear and Elev if needed.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Engine Box.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	1945553  

Last edited by RonMcCormick; 12-07-2013 at 11:36 AM.