RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fire extinguisher for gassers?
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 07:19 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Mpizpilot
When push comes to shove, I'm sure I'll just suck it up and have one with me just to keep the piece. I truly wish I had the time to devote running for a position in the club to maintain some sanity, but I just don't. So I'll just keep my mouth shut, try my best to fly when the field sheriff isn't there and not give an ounce of my time ever again to helping with the field maintenance, upkeep or helping other members with their plane problems. Just fly and go home till I can find something better. What a shame.
If you are one of the folks who usually helps your fellow flyers out with their planes , it would be they who loose by your sudden refusal to offer help , rather than the club officers with whom you have issue . I'm not sure what punishing the other members would serve ?

Also , I'd forget trying to pull any "locker room lawyer" stuff as suggested in post #14 . Remember , that in a pissing contest , BOTH combatants end up covered in , well , , PISS , and there just has GOT to be a better way to resolve such differences .

In closing , and in full agreement with having witnessed a burning LIPO , it would be wise for ALL RCers to have at least a small extinguisher on hand , if the club don't have a "club use" one (my club is SO small there isn't even a tiny shed on the property to store one , and most of the guys do have one in their field box)

Last edited by init4fun; 12-09-2013 at 07:24 AM.