RCU Forums - View Single Post - Real Vulcanized rubber tires for pan cars/Touring cars
Old 12-11-2013, 10:09 AM
jeffpressley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, This is a 1/12 chassis that I designed for my students. The idea behind this chassis was to build the absolute simplest rc car possible. I have designed/built broke cars for years and this is the compilation of all those design ideas into one simple but performance oriented chassis. When you reduce the complexity you also reduce the weight requiring less power to achieve the same speed. This also makes the car more crash worthy by reducing the impact force. The performance of this chassis/engine combination performs about like a stock 1/12 scale but will run 35 + minutes on a 2 cell 1000 mah battery. The entire chassis ready to run with a battery and body doesnt way much more than a 6 cell NIMH battery alone. I have designed a 1/24, 1/18, 1/10, and 1/8 scale also. My students and I have enjoyed these cars for years ( I teach Precision Machining in high school) and I have recently decided to start making a few chassis and selling them. These chassis will come with my rubber tires and machined aluminum wheels. I will also be selling the wheels and tire sets separate. I have not set the pricing on everything but will try and be as fair as possible. I can also make wheels and tires for your special applications.

Last edited by jeffpressley; 12-11-2013 at 11:03 AM.