RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Guys 33% Pitts S1 ARF
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 08:33 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot
My Feedback: (19)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ron, those look like some pretty standard glue gaps I often find on ARFs. Nothing serious, and they don't look too hard to get to. I'll let you know if I find anything that's serious or important, but you know me, I mostly just like to whine about small, unimportant stuff.

Hi Jim! Sorry I haven't attended any meetings for a long time, I've just been crazy with the two book releases this year.

There are still several holes that need to be cut out in this cowl. With the extra-large exit hole at the bottom, combined with the sizable gaps at the top on both sides where the cowl flares away from the fuse, there's wonderful airflow on this cowl. I figure at least three to one, exit versus entry. The best I've had in any models I've seen for quite a while. I was just commenting on how fortunate I am that the air holes are where they are. Usually I do have to make some mods to insure good air flow, just like you do. We're alike in that way. I'd rather be sure a plane is perfect (or as close as I can get it) than rush it to the field. Of course, it makes sense that the air holes would be there, since the stock engine has horizontal cylinders in the full-scale. Custom deluxe, for my application!

Give me a call if you want to come over and check this one out. I'm hoping to make some headway on it by next week.

~ Jim ~