RCU Forums - View Single Post - Embracing new technologies
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 08:30 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dionysusbacchus
It is important that those that do not represent those core AMA values do not get elected to any office in the AMA. If a person gets to old and get's stuck in the past it's important that they step down and let a younger generation take over. I'm so thankful Bob Brown got elected president, he is older but is forward thinking and willing to learn new things.

Luke
There may well be some kind of disagreements in that "looking forward" / new thing learning within AMA's business. Way back in 1996 a couple guys I well know, offered a fair amount of up-front money for AMA to set up a really nice camp area for trailers such as 5th wheels. Some would be a donation and some was to be a loonnnggg term loan at something like 1 or 2% or whatever AMA could handle. One of these guys had just laid down $250,000.00 cash so a Club could build a very nice flying facility on
property they could then purchase. That club is still a fine group, on a fine facility they own. The offers to AMA were real and of extremely low cost.
Now an AMA District VP who chaired AMA's Facilities Committee nixed the offer for AMA. The current AMA camp area could be a whole lot larger and much better founded had that DVP been "...forward looking and willing to learn..." Any guess who that person is?
Now the AMA has finally got to setting up a Foundation. The person that offered AMA cheap money, and provided for a club to have a fine facility, has beat the drums for years that AMA should follow the Foundation route, which other aviation and various organizations have done for years.. Now, pure speculation on my part, but I dare say that the go-ahead for the project did not attain birth through the current AMA President. Of course the bad part of the Foundation is that it can HIRE and pay salaries and such to the Executive Board, which AMA as a non-profit cannot do.

In my opinion it will be interesting to see just who does the hoop-jumping and where the "forward-thinking" will originate from. WHO and whom will the paid directors be!!!!?? You can bet "The Shadow Knows".

Last edited by Hossfly; 12-13-2013 at 01:12 PM. Reason: I made a goof. Item date was NOT correct. Item was in 1996