RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3.3 Traxxas into HPI RS4
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 11:48 PM
GenoFerrari

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to hear from you NB, and your timing is down right superf'---ingnatural. Due to a malnourished checkbook, I have spent the last two months finishing a large, well-landscaped, with detailed scenery HO slot car track. Put it on Craigslist on Tuesday and sold it today. The proceeds are earmarked for the conversion and a VTA I'm building to run at Speedworld in Roseville, CA. Haven't touched either of them until an hour ago, and then your email shows up. Very Twilight Zoney. So, the status of the conversion is close to time to plug in the glow ignitor, maybe as soon as this weekend. Since I was so broke I couldn't pay attention, I fabricated/modified the existing Traxxas mount to fit the HPI chassis without too much grief. I kept the clutch bell and its gear off the Traxass, with the only compromise being I took off the two speed transmission, and have the Traxass pinion directly meshing with the HPI Spurgear and shaft. I will let you know if the mesh is a mess or a sync. Thanks for checking in NB. I am glad to be out of the slots and back on track, remotely speaking. Talk to you within the week.

GMoney (GMoney is me, Geno Ferrari, with ten bucks in my pocket)