RCU Forums - View Single Post - New to the forum but not that new to RC world.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:02 PM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes you do have to shop around, and ask folks here what they like and where they buy. Do NOT be scared off from buying what some people refer to as "cheap Chinese Junk". Some of that "junk" is just as good if not better than more recognizable names. Case in point: HobbyPartz.com. I recently ordered an EXI servo from them for $15. I only got a couple packs thru it when I noticed it wasn't working right. Infant-mortality failure. I contacted them via their preferred method, a website where you can submit "trouble tickets" and told them of my failure. The next day I had a reply, "Very sorry for the inconvenience, sir. We will send out a replacement right away, free of charge. We will send an email when it ships. Note that the email will show typical charges, but be sure, we will not charge you." I got the replacement in four days. Other $15 servos I've gotten from them in the past are still working great. Got both of my brushless motor systems from them (EZrun 35Amp/4300kv WITH programming card) for under $80 each. Still going strong! Whereas a Castle Creations Sidewinder Sv2 system I paid $130 for from my LHS crapped out in three months.