RCU Forums - View Single Post - Suggestions for a .60 - .90 ARF to be fitted to 2 stroke gas
Old 12-19-2013, 04:47 PM
hitcttd
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ahicks
First, welcome back!
I'm just wondering where you are at as far as your ability? Have you had time to shake off the cob webs, or is that what you hope to accomplish with this new plane? Also, I'm lost regarding what size plane you're looking for? Will this be a 10cc Evo powered plane, or are you looking at the 20cc class engines/planes? -Al

When I left the hobby 5 years ago I could hang a Funtana on its prop till the fuel ran out. Also did combat flying so IN MY PRIME I was pretty good. Now? No idea. That's what I'm hoping to accomplish with these sport type ARFs.

I was considering the 10CC Gas option from EVO because glow prices are ridiculous here. 15% cool power is 30 bucks! I looks like people are saying step up one size to a DLE20. The issue I have with that is my car doesn't have folding back seats so whatever plane I get, the airframe will have to fit in the front seat - albeit reclined. I don't have an issue with spending a couple of extra bucks for a bigger plane and engine if it would fit.

I also have a practically new SAITO 150 that I could use but again, glow prices would kill me. I guess I could do a gas conversion on it, but that's a different thread.

One thing about the DLE20 I like is that I could later on move it to the Aero Works 90 YAK - beautiful plane.

Decisions decisions