RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig Rascal 110
Thread: Sig Rascal 110
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 09:34 PM
52larry52
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bikerbc, I believe you are a Cub lover. If I have that right....you have just met your "new love"! The Rascal 110 is one beautiful airplane to look at and even more beautiful to fly for anyone who appreciates classic high wing type planes. While it is of course not a scale model of full scale airplane it has that "golden age" look and the gracefulness in flight. I think you will love it. My 110 is a first edition and as such has no flaps. It floats forever on landing and will eat up a lot of runway as you try to get slowed enough of stop flying and touch down. The flaps (if yours has them) will help as the plane is pretty clean with out a lot of natural drag. I also have a 72" Rascal 40 that is a lot of fun to toss around in the air and I am sure the 110 will also "cut up" pretty good but, out of respect for the size of the plane I fly my 110 in a scale fashion so as to not over stress the airframe and damage it. It has huge surfaces and would receive lots of g load stress if flown like a Extra 300. My most rewarding flying days are when I go to the field with my 1/4 scale J-3 Cub and my Rascal 110. Lots of different power plants will fly the 110, I fly mine with a Saito 120 four stroke. Plenty of power for my flying style, and the ASP 160 twin would be way more that you need (that's what the throttle stick is for) and would look awesome with a cylinder hanging out each side of the cowl. Go for it with the 160 twin!!!! Enjoy.....

Last edited by 52larry52; 12-24-2013 at 03:08 PM.