RCU Forums - View Single Post - Please help me choose another RC
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 09:52 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok I will tell you don't put faith in HPI as you just happened to have 2 of their better quality vehicles. The savage is pretty good too, and HPI wheely king are the only ones besides the ones you got I would recommend to anyone at all. The rest of their catalog is mediocre to poor IMO.

The Trophy I would buy ANY other brand if you want a buggy. Seriously out of the 10 or so people we had on this site that owned one I've only read one person who thought the Trophy was a good vehicle, but he had to dump almost $100-$130 in parts to make it survive one time out(everyone else had the same exact issues too). Funny part is all those parts were from other manufacturers as the HPI parts sucked.

I do know where you are coming from though as I was the same exact way
Got a HPI MT2 felt damn this thing has some great build quality, got a Savage X again Wow this thing rocks, got a RS4 onroad, and was like hmm this is pretty solid, got a Brama 10B.... Threw it in the garbage as it was a total piece of crap with no redeeming qualities, and couldn't be made even remotely decent(unless you owned a machine shop and could cut new gears, diff cups, axles, and CNC a new chassis...), Tried other brands and saw there is a lot more out there that is better.

The Apache is discontinued so parts would more then likely be an issue as I don't think it was that popular or shared many parts with anything else(if anything else)

To recommendations

Ofna LX2e one of the better low cost 1/8th scale buggies http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXBWUV&P=ML

The stampede 4X4... I dunno what to say on it the vehicle itself isn't bad, and it has a lot of potential (as you can make it into almost any class with a few part swaps), but for its price as an owner of one I find it lacks in part quality as it should have a few parts made stronger (drive shafts on it are pretty bad which is my main gripe with it.).

Savage Flux it handles like a cinder block on wheels that is traveling like 45-50 MPH. Can't say anything bad about it as its supposed to handle that way (own one). But seeing you own the flux XS I dunno if I would recommend one as you own a similar vehicle already.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXCYCB&P=ML would smoke a revo. If you like the revo's look just slap a wing on that sucker Only issue I ever read with it was the shock towers needs to be doubled up which honestly isn't a big deal compared to issues most RTR's have.

Last edited by SyCo_VeNoM; 01-02-2014 at 09:54 AM.