RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lil Help Mircoburst .21
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 09:03 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

They're really nice boats when set up correctly. You can use the same basic numbers when building a gas mono on this CG at 30-33%. A Sullivan 8oz, SS tank will give it a decent runtime, Sorry, IV bags don't work! A mini servo will do the job for throttle duties but something with more torque than a standard will be needed for the rudder. A Hi-tec 645 is great there.As far as props go, that will depend on the engine used but somewhere between an Octura X-437 to an X or M-445 but usally one in the X-440 range is usually a great place to start.What else does it need? Stock up on glow plugs, the McCoy MC-9's should work fine. Starter? Glow ignitor? The engine should take high nitro, 45% works great in the "small-blocks". He should be able to get Grimracer fuel from a hobby shop or directly from Tower Hobbies, it's good stuff. I'm trying to think of someone close to you that may carry some things needed for the boat. www.cmdiracing.com also know as Andy Brown should be able ot be a lot of help as Andy's brother John used to race a Microburst. Getting in contact with them right now may be difficult as Andy and John's father passed away New Years Eve.I threw in some stuff as what came with it might not be optimal for the boat.Any more exact info on what you're working with and/or pictures would help get you through this but it shouldn't be hard with gas boat experience. It seemd to be harder for me to move from nitro to gas. A lot of things the same but a little different in some ways.