RCU Forums - View Single Post - P-51 Mustang "Marie"
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 08:12 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Magnafique
Sal, I bought a Powerzone P-51 Mustang from General Hobby. It is electric with a 57 inch span and features retracts with doors on mains and tail wheel, and working flaps. I have everything working on it except the tail wheel steering. When I received the model the steering servo was inop. I replaced it with a new servo.

The servo work when plugged into my servo tester.
OK, I am going to ask some question. Just put up with them if you please.

I see you tested with a servo tester but did you test the new servo plugged into the receiver?

Did you try the original servo plugged directly into a receiver slot?

I presume there is a Y cable between rudder and tail steering, otherwise how would the tail servo work. Have you tested that Y cable? On both paths?

I suspect the Y cable is the issue. Either it is defective or it is not plugged in properly.

Originally Posted by Magnafique
The instructions that came with this plane are laughable and do not even address this area. I am using a flysky 9 channel radio on this bird with the matching 8 channel receiver. There is a servo plug coming from the tail wheel servo to the receiver but when I "Y" connect it to the rudder servo I get nothing. The rudder plugged into the receiver by itself works fine. I can't get an answer from General Hobby.

Any Ideas??????

Thanks, Tom
Again, have you tried to plug the steering servo directly into the rudder receiver slot?