RCU Forums - View Single Post - Composite-Arf 33% Gee Bee R2 - First Flight - Pics - Videos - L@@K
Old 01-08-2014, 07:02 PM
RichardGee
My Feedback: (156)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by kittykatjaz
Wow Richard,

that plane looks like it flies like mine, good job on staying on top of it. Let us all know how you go sorting it out. One thing for sure it sure has plenty of go-go. It looks no different in performance to any of the bigger engined Gee Bee's that come up on the videos.

I pulled mine apart a few days ago and checked the engine offset. The motor dome is about 30deg out with not only right but a bit of up thrust as well. Am going to get a new motor dome and dial it in with a digital angle meter.

Jaz
Thanks Jaz. Before using my new motor dome, I checked the angles with a digital incidence meter to make sure I was installing the dome with ONLY right thrust and no down thrust. I found the factory markings (what you would normally use to line up the "top" of the dome with the fuselage top panel line), to be OFF by about 20 degrees. I am very confident mine has only right thrust via the dome. I am hopeful a completely different prop will have the desired affects... I also have a trusty 3W157 to go back to IF my little experiment proves to be a bust

I simply LOVE the plane too much to ever give up on it... but I must admit that since my first flight with a CARF Gee Bee in February of 2009, I have waved the white flag of surrender MANY times