RCU Forums - View Single Post - .020 size GLH
Thread: .020 size GLH
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 05:40 PM
ffkiwi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike 'ridenfligh' does a lot of good stuff-and his aluminium intake housings cover the whole TD range from 010 to 15-but it would cost me about a grand to get all the bits and pieces to do my extensive stable of TDs.....I particularly like his .15 aluminium intake-as trying to find original plastic replacements 50 years after they made them is a waste of time. The TD 020 4-point mounting backplate mounts are another great new idea that should have been done years ago-the TD 020 tank has always been the weak point of the design-both for leaking, trouble keeping the fuel line on the vestigial nipple, and 2-point mounting being less than ideal for thrust line adjustments....

Pleased to hear that Bob and Doug are doing their stuff for you-appreciate these guys while we have them-they won't be around forever-and their skills and experience are unique. I think it was Bob Mattes that also came up with a modified G-Mark 03 head in response to an approach from an RCU contributor-and unlike 020 heads which you can still get-even if the price makes you wince-the 03 heads are gone gone gone-so without a conversion option for a burnt out head, that's it.

ChrisM
'ffkiwi'