RCU Forums - View Single Post - Everything you need to know about LiPo batteries...
Old 01-14-2014, 11:30 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 702aefan
so can someone tell me if the old powersupply method is okay to use for lipo chargers? apparently lipo is the new nimh - when i stopped doing RC ages ago that was thew new ordeal - im trying to get back in and looking to find out who are the leading competitors for trucks/buggys again.. before it was AE/LOSI..
Sorry I missed this post. In case you are still wondering, yes, many use old high wattage server computer power supplies to power lipo chargers. If anything the curernt requirements of the power supply have gone down with lipo. We don't charge at 20A any more on race day to wake our batteries up, lipos are a bit more sensitive than mAh and the penalty for screwing up is much higher. But the power density available...omg.

Losi and AE are still good brands, but the crown in most classes belongs to Xray these days in my opinion. At least in terms of kit quality and durability. Fact is they are all capable of being world champ, which one you buy comes down to preference and budget.