RCU Forums - View Single Post - Designing a plane, wanting to do so in Draftsight
Old 01-18-2014, 10:18 AM
flyingagin

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Designing a plane, wanting to do so in Draftsight

I am starting an ambitious design project for a dual build project. By that I mean that there will be 2 airplanes with very much in common. Common fuses, engine nacelles and the root sections of the wings with a common plan form (but different airfoils). One to be RC and one to be CL (a rather large Cl).

I have made two 1/2 scale drawings the old fashion way with pencil and paper. But I would really prefer to use Draftsight. I have installed it and downloaded the GETTING-STARTED-GUIDE, some videos. Still struggling to define the drawing boundaries.

The plane(s). Tri motor bi planes. 78" upper wing span 72" lower span. 10" chords for a total of 1500" square. Power three .25s two strokes.

The drawings I have made are really crude as I could not scan anything that big and the only way I could take a picture was to trace over everything with a felt tip marker.

Setting up my drawing boundaries in Draftsight is giving me fits.

Well as crude as the drawings are I will post them. This design is going to under go some major changes.

Ken
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2781.JPG
Views:	208
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	1959067