RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Evolution Engines!! 15GX, 20GX, 33GX
Old 01-19-2014, 01:49 AM
Chewy 76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cymaz
Chewy, how did the modified muffler work out? Did it sound too loud or OK?
I would like to put a 33gx in a 1/4 scale Stampe but we have a strict noise limit at our site - 84dB at 7 meters.
Hi mate,

Sorry its taken me a while to get back to you, I moved cities during the Christmas break and have not long got the net connected to the new place.

The modified muffler works just fine, I am lucky in the sense that my club doesn't have any noise restrictions....well none that I am aware of aside from the usual complaints from the old fossils that fly in the club and are dedicated methanol burners (hopefully none of them are adept at navigating RC Universe otherwise I may pay dearly for that comment..hehe)

I have a OS 95AX with the same brand and style of muffler and while its obviously a different note, I believe its no louder on my ears when warming them up in the pits and that same when its up in the air flying. But I have no way of giving you accurate information to back that statement up I'm sorry to say mate and I haven't run the engine with the standard muffler supplied.

That being said, I love the engine. I just need to sharpen my tuning skills up a bit and get familiar with it and everything will be sweet. It pulls the Taylorcraft around pretty well with a 18 x 6 prop.

Regards

Chewy