RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cowling Question
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 06:23 AM
hookedonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cowling Question

I am at the point assembling my Pulse 125 where I need to modify the cowl for installation. I have successfully cut the cowl where it will fit over the DLE 20 and the muffler. However, when I have the muffler installed, I am unable to get the modified cowl over the pipes. (See pic) I think I have two options..... 1. Cut the cowl deeper on the muffler side to allow for muffler installation after I have the cowl in place on the plane. or.... 2. Cut a slice through the lower back part of the cowl to allow me to pull the two flaps open as it slides around the pipes. Once in place, I will then screw the two flaps in place on the lower part of the firewall to hold them.

I am not sure which method is the best and am looking for input from others that have faced this decision. If I use option 1, it will make the opening for the engine much larger than it is now, while option 2 will mean the strength of the single piece of fiberglass will be lost on the cowl back. I have attached some pics to help.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4077.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	2.91 MB
ID:	1959890   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4078.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	3.06 MB
ID:	1959891   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4079.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	2.95 MB