RCU Forums - View Single Post - Combat Museum
Thread: Combat Museum
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 07:37 AM
Bob Mears

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vertical grimmace
Bob, great work. It is really cool to see this. Combat has such a great history, and is so much fun. I do not fly combat anymore, but still have a fleet of fasts ready to go. I got to fly with you guys back in the early 90's, as I teamed up with Dave Henderson. Maybe I could send you one of our designs to add to your collection? Not necessarily famous nationally, but an important design locally none the less.
I remember you guys. We flew in Amarillo several times. I've wondered if you still flew any combat. You outa try some of the f2d stuff. Turns out its really fun. Plus you can buy rtf airplanes! I would love to have one of your personal airplanes to go in the museum. With your signature on it. I also have a fleet of my old fast ships, just hanging there. I dont expect to use them again. I've converted a couple of them to f2d trainers for some kids, and converted a couple into electric. I used the elect. in Tucson last year in the 75mph class and took the win. I'll be using it again in Tucson next weekend. If your ever out this way come by the house and look at all the planes. they really are fun to look at all the design ideas from the time. Is David still fying anything? Combat just about died out when the F2D really took off. I hated it at first, but really enjoy it now. Still not many younger pilots. I'm 60 and about the average age now. Stubblefield is over 70 and he made the USA team next year, so if that old ****er can still do it, I can! We have 30 or so pilots show up in Phoenix a couple of times a year and over 20 in Kansas with theMinor's event. We have on in Lubbock on labor day weekend and get about 15. But its still great fun!

Bob Mears
806 778 5465