RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why do they hate DLG?
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 06:30 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

I don’t understand the problem our club membership averages between 80 and 100 members each year and I have seen them make room for just about everything to fly even the odd time guys get nostalgic and drag out their old control line. Kids have shown up with their parents and if we find the kid has a bloody Air Hog there is always time when everyone will sit it out for a bit to let the kid out on the field to fly the darn thing. I have been to events that are so busy that an unusual configuration or model might only get to fly at a half time show but at a regular flying day at the field I have never known there to be no time to accommodate everyone. Sounds more like an attitude problem than anything. I have even flown free flight and gently assisted RC from my field with the blessing of all of those there. I have seen many times someone who is going to maiden a plane ask if he can do the maiden in clear airspace. No problem what’s 10 minutes or so out of a flying day. We even like to let a student doing his wings test to have all of the field and airspace to himself. If you as a club do any of these things you most certainly can sit back and enjoy a few minutes watching the antics of someone flying DLG.

On that note if you are flying something out of the ordinary don't just walk out and surprise everyone by putting it into the air. Talk to them, explain what you intend to do and what the expected flight envelope of what you have and most likely a provision for you to fly can be made. When visiting other clubs (I do a lot) I have never been told I could not fly my unusual models as long as I discussed the model before hand and made clear my intentions.

Dennis

Last edited by Propworn; 02-01-2014 at 06:37 AM.