RCU Forums - View Single Post - Royal Kits
Thread: Royal Kits
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 09:47 PM
Firepower R/C
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can make parts for several of the Royal kits, including the B-17 and plastic reproductions of the cowls. I also have molds for all of the P-61 parts, and traced every wooden part that was in the kit I bought. Man was that an awesome kit! It was very nice even by today's standards... tons of molded parts, huge beautiful aluminum cowls, and tons of die-cut wood. Before uswing was on the scene, I had plans many years back to revive the Royal line and was selling plans and parts on ebay similar to how uswing does/did. As a matter of fact, for a while he was selling copies of a Royal P-38 plan that was from me (easily recognized as I had rearranged them slightly to fit a narrower format). I then had a change of heart once I had created enough of my own plans, art, and products to become sensitive to the issues of copying and selling other's works, so I stopped. Now, I have relaxed my position a little bit recently on this (especially Royal kits, plans) recently due to the fact that these important pieces of R/C history are no longer available from their original source. Especially the parts, as in situations where legitimate buyers of kits or built models cannot get original replacement parts. These guys selling copied Ziroli plans on ebay are ultimately doing their hobby a disservice!

By the way Dail, how are those P-38 tanks doing? I am fitting a set to my Top Flite P-47 ARF .60 and they are huge on that plane, but scale. Several installations were done on P-47s in the Pacific theater and I wanted something a little different. Maybe someday I will get to my dream project that is stashed away: a pristine Royal P-38 kit with 2 royal .46s, a Luke Zoellner plastic detail kit and a one of a kind, fully assembled P-38 cockpit for it that was built & detailed by Luke himself. That is currently a mantle decoration.

Last edited by Firepower R/C; 02-03-2014 at 10:10 PM.