RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dog Ate My Homework!
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 11:11 AM
GerKonig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jtotten
GerKonig - I have a third way of locating a lost part - Ask my wife to use a vacuum cleaner with an almost full dust bag to clean the area . In less than 30 sec I will hear the part rattling up the hose. Then its only a matter of sifting thru a couple of quarts of matted hair, dust, party crumbs, lint, and some things I can't begin to describe. She often finds stuff I didnt even know I lost - it plays out as " Nice to see you back from the field. When I was vacuuming, I heard something rattle up the hose. Are you missing a part?"
You are onto something! Yesterday I cleaned (emptied) one of the vacuum cleaners. This one has like a see trough plastic thing. I think I will vacuum the shop with that one from now on... Just clean it, and vacuum the floor... The problem are always the darn jumpers... (parts, nuts, screws, whatever).

Other common risk is when you find something, you do not need it, but you will soon. So, you think, OK where can I put this gizmo, so I find it when I need it? and you think carefully and put the thing away. You will find it if you move, or when your family clean out your stuff after your passing...

Gerry
Now where is my mouse, I just had it here...