RCU Forums - View Single Post - Saturday March 1st - Tank Battle day at the Museum in Urbana, Ohio
Old 02-07-2014, 07:11 AM
twoplanekid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saturday March 1st - Tank Battle day at the Museum in Urbana, Ohio

We will be holding our 1[SUP]st[/SUP] Tank Battle day Saturday March 1[SUP]st[/SUP] in the Champaign Aviation Museum at Grimes Field in Urbana,Ohio. If you live near Urbana, please join us for a fun day of tanking. If you live further away, spend a day with us and then a day at the National Museum of the US Air Force located a short 50 minute drive from Urbana. We need your help as many of us are a little short on tank experience.

For this first event, I wish that we could do as the Australian Moreton Bay RC Tank club is doing -> (( I'm please to say that I will be there with some new products and radio gear for those interested. New products include: Pantherturm (not that new but I doubt many would have seen in action), Panzerfaust,Sirvoe, MAKO4, Taipan, Remora and Manta, Cobra, plus the latest version of tankER9X in combination with the FrSky system which allows:16 channel operation(yes 16 channel operation on the 9X)Model matching and Telemetry ))

I do have a MAKO2 and MAKO TE to show and the Super Smoker II,RBU Battle Unit, Universal daughter Board from Radio Control Custom Tanks. I hope to have a Clark TK22 to show if the Distributor and I can work out a deal. As I am a Taigen dealer, I will have most of their products on display.

As far as IR battling, it all depends on what people bring to the event. I know that many will battle using the Taigen system. Hopefully others will be here to show everyone how to battle using the Tamiya and other systems. There will be a tank driving course and games. Tables will be setup to display your equipment. The movie Kelly’s Heroes will be playing all day.

CAP kids from Marysville will be here in the morning to look at planes and watch us battle. The local RC club will be in attendance and help with the event. So, please consider this event in your plans for the 1[SUP]st[/SUP]of March. I promise that it will be warm inside the hanger and you will have good food to eat at the Airport Café, a short walk away.

Hope to see you in Urbana to talk about and have fun with RC tanks,

Rick

http://www.champaignaviationmuseum.org/