RCU Forums - View Single Post - Where is it made?
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 08:04 PM
Rob2160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been in this Hobby for 35 years and my second radio was a Kraft Series 80, made in the USA and imported to Australia.

It works fine 34 years later. If Kraft existed now I would still buy from them.

I support local business where possible but if they don't produce what I want then I will buy elsewhere.

My 2.4 GHz Futaba, JR and Spektrum radios are all made in Asian countries.

I spent three weeks in Florida recently and have dozens of souvenirs from Disneyworld, Universal Studios and Kennedy Space Centre.

Everything is made in China and it was impossible to find anything in those gift stores that was made in the USA, even the NASA rocket models.

Walk into Best Buy and try to find a "Made in USA" label.

Its the same in Australia. Buy a Boomerang or fluffy Kangaroo souvenir in Australia and it will have a "Made in China" tag.

Even our iconic Holden is stopping all local car production by 2017. Local industry cannot compete with cheaper labour cost in other countries.

My guess is less than 15% of all hobby items sold in Australia or the USA are actually produced locally.

The APC props I bought from GRAVES RC have a "made in the USA" label. But everything else I got from that same store was from China.

Last edited by Rob2160; 02-10-2014 at 08:08 PM.