RCU Forums - View Single Post - "Building" an ARF or RTF (?)
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 05:36 PM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RCKen
My point is exactly what I said above. Many people do more than just fly model air plane, and the accuracy that we use in terminology here extends through all walks of life. While you may not see the difference, having a background in engineering and computer sciences I can tell you that their are huge differences and that it does matter way more than you will ever image.

Ken
I have a flying buddy that has an engineering background and I respect his view, yet sometimes I think he goes way too far in explaining things that I could have understood, or maybe did not need to understand, with less explanation. In other words if I ask him how tall a certain blade of grass is, he will tell me and then he has to tell me all the intricate details of a blade of grass. I think that is just the analytical engineering mind.

I am sort of like Ken in thinking accuracy of terminolgy extends through all walks of life. There are some "gotchas" though and one is when to realize that some are struggling with perception of a matter Looking at the two definitions I get the thought that build and assemble can work together, yet assemble cannot go before build. Kind of like a jigsaw puzzle. It can be assembled after it is built - that seems confusing to me, yet should be correct.

Maybe an ARF is "Doing the final touches of the build and assembling" - now I think I just hurt my brain Here is another thought, does build encompass completion? In other words, do we have to have the plane completed before we can really say we built it?

Last edited by Luchnia; 02-19-2014 at 05:38 PM.