RCU Forums - View Single Post - GP GEE BEE
Thread: GP GEE BEE
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2003, 01:55 PM
Vulture33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GP GEE BEE

I have not had a chance to weigh it yet. I am sure that I will be at least 3lbs heavy. The motor/ignition/battery weigh 3lbs 7/8 oz. plus I am running a 6 volt 5 cell 2700 Milliamp NiMh battery for the radio gear. I moved the servos back behind the CG, mounted the igntion under the fuel tank and put the ignition and flight pack batteries on the bottom of the fueslage behind the wing saddle... pretty easy to modify really but most importantly I did not have to add any additional weight (like it needs any) to balance. The flight pack battery is about 5" forward of the tail so I have some room to play with there.

It was tough being such a short airplane to get the Rx and radio gear far enough away from the engine to eliminate interference. I had a Bosch cap put on the ignition to help and moved the throttle servo to the empty hole next to the elvevator servo and ran a pushrod.

I range checked the radio with the motor running before taxi and did not have any chatter or issues there. I don't like the LG wire after installing it as it does seem flimsy. I will have to be careful of heavy landings... it did hold up well during the high speed taxi tests yesterday... no noticeable flexing... of course one hard landing will add more stress than "normal" taxi tests.

I'll get video this weekend and post it on my site.

John "Vulture" Crisp